Many areas have lost power, and people are surviving without basic necessities such as clean water, rice, blankets and cookware. Meanwhile, thousands more are at risk of disease as sewage empties into the floodwaters.
In Tamil Nadu, the floods affected 20 Christian families who attend congregations led by Gospel for Asia-supported pastors. These families lost their possessions, and their homes were damaged or destroyed. In Andhra Pradesh, flooding has inundated the areas where five Gospel for Asia-supported pastors serve, submerging believers’ homes and forcing them to find shelter at relief camps.
Thousands of other people are staying in schools or other shelters. By God’s grace, Gospel for Asia-supported workers in Tamil Nadu were able to bring relief to more than 2,000 of these people. On November 15, a team provided lunch to 1,500 people, and the next day, the team distributed food to almost 1,200 people.
At the same time, as rains continue to fall and floods block roads, other flood-hit areas cannot be reached. Please join with us in prayer for all the lives affected by these recent floods.
Please pray for:
· Rain to stop and floods to subside.
· Those grieving the loss of loved ones or homes, that they will experience comfort in Christ.
· Relief teams to be able to reach more communities with aid and the hope found in Jesus.
· Grace, provision and safety for relief teams.
· Many flood victims to have a revelation of Christ’s love during this time.